Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and this year, why not make your own personal Valentine for your guy instead of buying it? This Valentine's Day card includes a removable felt heart that he can keep in his pocket, and your very own lipstick paper design. Sometimes it's the small gestures in life that make all the difference. Plus, you get to put on all your favorite shades of lipstick!
What You'll Need:
- Envelope Template
- Hair Spray
- Red Felt
- Glue Strips like these (or regular glue)
How to Make Lyric Envelope:
- Start off with the lyrics from a song that has meaning to you, or a favorite love song or poem. I used our wedding song, Strange and Beautiful by Aqualung.
- Type out the song, it's easiest to copy and paste from any lyrics site. Then, choose and apply the font and size you want for the lyrics. I used font size 12 with Dawning of a New Day Font.
- Set page margins to "0" on all 4 sides and justify the layout so the words stretch the full length of the page.
- Have lyrics run together (no spacing in between verses). Copy and past and fill the entire page.
- Print on 8.5x11 paper (I printed to photo quality). If you have a heavier weight paper, use that. If not, computer paper will work just fine.
- Use a template for a 4-Bar envelope size, trace and cut out your envelope. My templates are from Paper-Source that you can find here. Or download, print and cut out this envelope template from here.
- Fold and glue the envelope. Start by folding in the 2 side (left and right), then bring up the bottom piece.
How to Make Lipstick Card Stock:
- Use a heavy weight paper if you can, I used white scrapbook paper, if you don't have it, computer paper will work fine.
- This is the fun part, pick your favorite lipstick shades and kiss the paper in any pattern you want.
- Once you're finished, set the lipstick with hairspray so it doesn't smudge all over the place. Let it dry (it will only take a couple minutes to dry).
Assembly Part I:
- Use top of envelope to trace an envelope liner out of the lipstick paper. Place in envelope with a little bit of glue on the bottom square.
- Trace or freehand 2 rectangles out of the lipstick paper. Glue these back to back together. This is the backing of the Valentine.
- Punch or cut out a circle of lips and reserve as your envelope sealer.
Assembly Part II:
- Cut a heart out of your felt. I freehanded mine and glued 2 together for a thicker look.
- Print or write out the message you want for your Valentine, leaving a blank space to velcro your felt heart. I used "For You, My _" but "L_VE" and "I _ YOU" would be great too.
- Print/write and cut out message (use a different color paper if you have it).
- Place soft side of velcro onto paper and rough side on heart.
- Center and glue message on to lipstick paper backing and attach heart.
- Place Valentine in envelope.
- Seal with a kiss (the punch out from earlier) with a little bit of glue.
- Give to your guy and make sure he reads the envelope before he opens it, and that he keeps the heart! Happy Valentine's Day!